Chai point was started with the manual operations with three chains of retail stores in Bangalore. At that time POS was the only standard software available in the market and so it was used. To make business activities easy and smooth, automation technology is needed in activities like supply chain, staff attendance, sale computation, and supply chain, etc. Due to its non- customizable ability, the POS software was not able to fulfill the growing needs of the Chai point. As time passes by, the chai point has increased its stores to 100. The increase in the number of stores has led to operational and technological challenges. A few to mention are:
- Getting the update on real-time sales across stores.
- Maintaining different price and menu sections on each store.
- Getting the exact stock of the food items from all the stores.
- Maintaining the supply chain management of the CAPEX and food items.
- Being updated and releasing the real-time discount schemes.
- Maintaining employee payroll ad attendance.
Solutions to Chai Point:-
Mobifly supported Chai Point’s business with the two high-end technology solutions-
- Shark POS: It is advanced POS software. This software is designed in such a way to fulfill the Food and Beverage industry requirements. Real-time data sync is a major advantage of this shark. It helps the stakeholders in getting regular real-time updates on sales directly from 100s of stores. Its Interactive user interface that supports the selling process has made shark the most preferred software by retail users. Its design is also adaptable to the flexible menu, pricing, discount, etc.
- CPOS: It is a web-based ERP system that has every module that is required by Chai Point to perform their everyday operations. Some modules to mention are:
- Staff attendance and payroll
- Supply chain management of food and CAPEX items
- CRM for the call centers to receive inbound orders
- Interface for customers to place online orders
- Various reports which help in Profit and Loss calculation
It is tough for any retail business to hold a stock of a calculated number of items in a store. They always see to it that the items are available for customers and not were wasted due to their excess presence. Wastage is always seen as an important concern in the food industry as it cannot be stored for many days. CPOS software provides a food ordering engine. This engine predicts the food demand for every day based on the previous day’s report and supplies the required number of items to every store accordingly. The software also keeps tracking the available stock on a real-time basis. This is to match the unexpected increase in demand and supply the surplus. The CPOS is built-in with intelligence to perform the operations smoothly. This makes it the most wanted Software for operation managers.