1. Domain : Choose a name that a person can remember well and choose wisely (and appropriately) whether you will use .com, .net, or something else.
2. Hosting : Choose a reliable one look at how much capacity you need.
4. Purpose : What is the purpose of the website : business, corporate, e-commerce, etc.
5. Layout & Colour : Colour affects the feel of your website. Neat layout is always preferred. Don’t forget about the footer too.
6. Site Map : Clear site map and flow chart.
7. Content : Your website has to provide a good and informative content to the users, Target certain keywords to rank high in search engines. The type of content like language, picture, video, etc. have influence of how fast or how slow that website will load.
8. Audience : You have to know who your audience are, then you can build content that attract them.
9. Advertisement : Don’t put too much advertisement in your website. If it is not necessary, don’t put it here.
10. Pop Up Message : Prevent pop up messages. It is the most annoying type of advertising because of slow loading and sometimes you can’t close it.
11. Attractive Design : Good website should be simple, yet professional.
12. Unique : There are so many good website out there, but you have to make your website stand out from the other.
13. Background : You can choose from a clean look, colorful look or you can consider patterned background too.
14. Image : Choose image carefully as it will create a lasting impression for everyone, so you want it to be good and memorable.
15. Easy Navigation : Users can easily find what they are looking for.
16. Fresh : Keep your website up-to-date to keep visitors coming back.
17. Cross Browser : A good website has to be able to be viewed properly in all types of modern browser, example: Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Safari.
18. Optimized : A good website has to be search engine friendly. It means it is easy to find your website in the search engine.
19. Screen Resolution : Formerly, web design made 980px in width. But as responsive web design is getting popular, a site can be designed up to 1230px in width.
20. Social Media : Integrate social media to your website to facilitate easy content sharing.
21. Typography : Choose your typography, legible font is definitely important. You dont want people to squint their eyes when reading your text.
22. Registration : If visitors have to register to interact with your website, give them advantages when they do.
23. Tracking & Analytics : With it you can monitor how your website goes, and how to optimize it.
24. Provide Security : Visitors have to feel safe when they leave their information in your website. Especially when they have to register their contacts detail or credit card number.
25. Buttons : Good website should be simple, yet professional.